Wes-Tech Irrigation is a progressive locally owned distributor that is looking to add to its high performing team. We have been in business for over 30 years and continue to grow.
Counter Sales Representative
Provides excellent customer service by assisting customers promptly and courteously with their purchases and efficient processing of their orders. Answers questions, provides information as needed. Generates sales through excellent customer service, add-on and up-selling. Performs all job responsibilities in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promptly assist customers at counter. Ask pertinent questions, provide
- information they may need, take orders and provide excellent customer service.
- Conduct self in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Treat external and internal customers and associates with courtesy and respect.
- Data entry and retrieval on computer system, including entering of customer orders, branch transfers, obtain quotation information, inventory information, pricing.
- Follow-up on customer orders, resolve problems to the customer’s satisfaction, respond timely to customer.
- Answer telephones professionally and pleasantly, assisting customers, taking orders and providing excellent customer service.
- Provide product/job quotes as appropriate.
- Continuously update product knowledge through any available resources. Stay informed and educated as to product inventory and applicability. Know location of merchandise in warehouse.
- Effectively communicate to customers any relevant policies and/or procedures regarding purchases, returns, credit terms, etc.
- Accurately fill customer orders as needed by retrieving requested material.
- Maintain clear isles and walkways. Ensure material is properly organized.
- Assist in maintaining appearance of branch as needed, straightening, cleaning counter area, warehouse,
- Perform as backup to delivery driver as needed
- Report back orders and/or material discrepancies.
- Accurately perform cycle counts as required.
- Assist in year end physical inventories as requested.
- Perform other responsibilities as directed.
Skills and Abilities required
- Professional communication via phone, email and in person with customers and vendors
- Strong understanding of irrigation systems and their components
- Operate pallet jacks in indoor and outdoor environment
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs alone, more with assistance
- Good attention to detail, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook
- Ability to learn new products and procedures and continually improve product and associated process knowledge.
- Accurately read numbers and identify products to fulfill orders and receive inventory
The successful candidate will demonstrate an eagerness to learn and grow while enhancing a positive work environment.
- Formal Post Secondary Training (Trade, Diploma)
- Experience in Irrigation or related industry (HVAC, Construction, Plumbing, Military)
- Assisting in marketing activities
- Attending trade shows
- Making Deliveries
- Driving Forklift
- Cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org